La bellezza è tutt'intorno a noi.
Riuscire a scorgerla è il segreto di una vita appassionata.

lunedì 17 novembre 2014

After 4 years I come back to these pages

Here I am, 4 years later, I look at these pages and I can clearly see how many things have changed but also the fair amount of those that remained the same!!!! as if time and space remained still.

This blog has been for me the place where I would write down personal notes, attempts to poetry, musical and visual memories, to trace movements, emotions and inspirations I'd come across, wherever I would have found myself on this world (during those years I was moving from place to place with such ease!).

It seems that my time in Australia gave me a lot of chances to be prolific with words, I think a friend at that time even defined me as 'a genuine tanguera' - and that was not for my dubious dancing skills! but for the dramas I was often creating out of my life situations.
I now think it was most certainly a combination of beautiful landscapes, a high level of naiveté and a bit of thoughtful light-heartedness to give me the inspiration to write and/or take the time to somehow record events in a different way than keeping a notebook.
Of course the initial plan was to compile a blog to share my life overseas with friends and family back home, and that luckily never really worked out well, as I wasn't writing for them, but most likely to myself, or occasionally to some secret imaginary lover.

Well, now I'm about to cross the ocean again (yeepee!) for a couple of months, I will see again mangroves, rivers, beaches, rocks, waves, trees and people, eat chocolate, drink coffee and dance to the moon and listen to music... and I will probably be gifted with the abundance of that time in which there's no obligation to do something, you just need to be there, observing, chasing thoughts, see if they bring somewhere beautiful and decide whether to follow them, or move on, as there will be plenty more of solitary moments to enjoy and sink into. I'm sure!







Nessun commento: